Learn how to find & manage the appearance of the manufacturer and consumer brand product details in the app and the backend of the platform.
- View Manufacturer and Consumer Brand Details in Your Account
- Edit the Consumer Brand Field
- Enable/Disable the Appearance of Manufacturer and Consumer Brand for a Product in the App
- Use the Manufacturer and Consumer Brand Filters in the App
- Sign in to my.catalogkiosk.com using the Google Chrome web browser
View Manufacturer and Consumer Brand Details in Your Account
1. In the top menu bar, under the Content tab select Products.
2. Use the Manufacturer column to sort products by manufacturer name A-Z / Z-A or use the text box to search for products from a specific manufacturer.
3. Use the Consumer Brand column to sort products by consumer brand name A-Z / Z-A or use the text box to search for products from a specific consumer brand.
4. To view manufacturer and consumer brand details for a specific product you can also click on the individual product and view the information from the product details page.
5. Manufacturer and Consumer Brand appear underneath the product name on the product details page. The Manufacturer field is NOT editable, but the Consumer Brand field is and you can learn how in the following steps.
Edit the Consumer Brand Field
1. Navigate to the Products page from the Content menu in the Catalog App Manager (CAM).
2. Search and select the product you want to make changes to.
3. Switch the Content Update toggle to OVERRIDE. And use the provided text box to edit the consumer brand name.
4. Click Save Changes when complete.
Alternatively, you can use the Product Importer to upload changes to any or your managed or custom products. Learn How to Import Products.
Enable/Disable the Appearance of Manufacturer and Consumer Brand for a Product in the App
You have the ability to manage the appearance of Manufacturer and Consumer Brand data on the product details page of the app. You can also decide if this data is available as a filter option for search and browsing.
1. First step is to decide if you are making changes to a group of devices or an individual device.
2. Making Changes to a Group of Devices. Click the Devices tab in the top navigation. Click the Settings button in the Device Groups side panel.
Changing an Individual Device
To access the Device Settings for a specific device, click Devices on the top menu bar and then click the device you want to edit.
1. Click the Settings button on the left side of the screen.
2. Click the Advanced Configuration tab to expand the settings.
3. The Show Manufacturer setting allow you to SHOW or HIDE the product's manufacturer. When SHOW is selected:
- The Manufacturer filter option is visible in the app
- Manufacturer data is visible on the Specs tab of the product details page in the app
4. The Show Consumer Brand setting allow you to SHOW or HIDE the product's brand. When SHOW is selected:
- The Brand filter option is visible in the app
- Brand data is visible on the Specs tab of the product details page in the app
5. Save Changes.
6. Sync Your Devices.
The Catalog Kiosk app automatically synchronizes product data and device settings to reflect any changes from in the Catalog App Manager (CAM) within 24-hours.
Manually synchronize to apply changes immediately.
Click the Devices tab in the top navigation. Click the Sync all devices button on the right side of the Devices panel to update the devices immediately. As long as your devices are online during the sync, the changes will become visible to your guests.
Use the Manufacturer and Consumer Brand Filters in the App
On the categories page of the app you will find the filter options available to narrow down the search results that match the selected criteria.
1. The Manufacturer attribute filters results based on the product's manufacturer.
2. The Brand attribute filters results based on the product's consumer brand. In some cases, the brand will be the same as the manufacturer if there is no specific consumer brand name.
3. Manufacturer and Brand data is also visible on the individual product page under the Specs tab.