Automate Local Inventory by using secure FTP (SFTP) upload to keep stock levels in full sync by automatically pulling updates in real-time.
- Sign in to my.catalogkiosk.com using the Google Chrome web browser
1. Navigate to the Local Inventory section by clicking Content and selecting Local Inventory from the drop-down.
2. Click the SFTP Upload button and select Manage SFTP Upload.
3. On the setup screen, choose an import method. You can either update existing records or delete and replace all records. This step is required.
4. Next, select if you want to use kits to update inventory levels for kit components.
Please Note: This is only relevant if your inventory CSV contains kit SKUs. If it doesn't and you only show inventory levels on component SKUs, simply leave this box unchecked and proceed by clicking NEXT.
5. When selecting Overwrite, the application will be using the highest inventory value it can find, while Stack Up will cause the application to add up all numbers pertaining to the same SKU, resulting in higher total stock levels.
6. Click Next in the bottom right hand corner to proceed to the second tab.
Here you will define the CSV file structure. The first option is for files that use one row per SKU with multiple columns for the locations. The second option is for files with the same SKU in multiple rows, each location on its own row.
7. Once your file structure has been defined, it's time to set up the SFTP connection so the Catalog App Manager (CAM) platform can access your FTP folder.
Server: Enter the FTP server's address (starting with
User Name: Enter the user name to log in to the FTP folder
Password: Enter your password to access the FTP folder (case sensitive)
Path to folder or file: Enter the exact path to the CSV file or enter the path to the folder where the file is located
Port: By default we set this to the standard port (22), however this can be manually overwritten
8. Once all the information has been entered, you can test the connection to the FTP server. Click Test Connection.
If CAM is unable to reach the server, it will display the following error message. Please check your credentials and make sure there are no typos or leading/trailing spaces anywhere in the fields provided.
9. If the connection test was successful, you will see the following (green) confirmation message. Please note that this test does not analyze your content and doesn't determine the integrity of your data. It is only a connection test to the FTP server.
10. Next, select the Sync Settings:
By default, the platform will monitor the FTP folder and as soon as the file in the folder is changed, it will automatically trigger an update and propagate the changes to all connected devices (kiosks, tablets).
You can also select to only sync manually.
11. Finally, enter a notification email for sync errors. This email will be notified in case the FTP server becomes unreachable or if there is any other issue, such as authentication problems or an unsupported file type.
12. Click Next in the bottom right hand corner to proceed to the third tab. Time to map the fields.
13. Select from the drop-down menus to map each column to the correct value. SKU and BRAND are mandatory and the import requires at least one location quantity column (when selecting one row per SKU) or location identifier and quantity (when selecting multiple rows per SKU).
Now, click Finish in the bottom right hand corner.
You will see a green confirmation message in the top right of the screen, informing you about the import being processed in the background.
14. Once completed, you will get an email confirmation. To access the log file of the import, click the background task icon and click View Details.