You have the option to use Wondersign's default text message provider that comes built-in or you can use a sophisticated two-way SMS conversation platform.
Podium is a conversational SMS marketing platform. Retailers that use both Wondersign and Podium services* can receive text responses from shoppers in their Podium inbox.
*Certain plan levels required for Wondersign and Podium. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your subscription.
- If you are already on one of our current subscription plans, the Podium integration is included in your plan. If you are on one of our "legacy" plans, please contact your Wondersign Account Manager or email email@example.com to upgrade. If you are unsure, reach out to a Wondersign team member to check your subscription level.
- When upgrading your subscription: Once your plan has been confirmed, your Account Manager will enable the feature for your account.
- Sign in to my.catalogkiosk.com using the Google Chrome web browser.
1. Navigate to your Account Settings (top right).
2. In the Settings menu, click SMS Provider Settings. Select Podium from the Outgoing SMS Provider drop-down.
3. Copy the Podium Location ID and provide this ID to your Podium Integration Specialist. Wondersign can help - please work with your Account Manager to get this information over to Podium's integration team.
Please Note: Your texts will continue to send from Wondersign (Default) until step 6 is completed.
- If you are setting up a single device location for Podium, continue with step 6, here.
- If you are setting up multiple device locations for Podium, continue with step 3 below.
3. Under Podium Location Management, click Add New Location.
4. Configure your device groups as follows:
- A: Group ID - this is the unique ID that you (or your Account Manager) will share with your Podium Integration Specialist when setting up your account.
- B: Name - this is the custom Name of your location. We recommend using the same Location name you have set up in Podium so you can easily recognize where the SMS responses will be received. For example "Akron Location" (using the city and/or store name).
- C: Associated Device Groups - select the device group(s) that you want to be assigned to the location. Any consumer responses to the texts sent from these devices will automatically be routed to your associated Location inbox in Podium.
- For any device that is not assigned to a Group ID, responses will go to your default location in Podium.
5. Once your locations have been configured, copy the A. Group ID(s) and B. Name(s), and provide the information to your Podium Integration Specialist. The Podium Specialist will set up the Group ID with the associated Location in your Podium account. Your Account Manager will help you with this process, please contact them.
6. Once your Podium Integration Specialist confirms that your Location ID or Group ID(s) has been added to your Podium account, select the checkbox for ID is Live in Podium and click Save Changes. Your integration is now live and all text messages are now being sent from your Podium account and SMS responses will automatically create a new conversation in your Podium Inbox.
PLEASE NOTE: This workflow respects the business hours in local time that you have set up in your Podium account. If you would like the integration to run outside of these hours, please contact your Podium representative so they can update that for you.