If you see lines or hear narration coming from the kiosk when you tap on the screen, this typically means that Accessibility Mode has been enabled on the kiosk. This can be resolved by turning off the accessibility mode or wiping and re-enrolling the Chromebox.
- USB Keyboard
- A paperclip
Turning Off Accessibility Mode
1. Connect the USB Keyboard to the Chromebox.
2. Type Ctrl+Alt+Z on the keyboard.
3. In the top left corner of the screen, tap and hold on to the home button or store logo for 10+ seconds.
Please Note: Do not move your finger or touch any other part of the screen while holding on to the store's logo.
4. In the logo menu, deselect Accessibility Keyboard. (Please note, the image below shows the menu item selected; the menu item will turn grey when deselected).
Wipe and Re-Enroll the Chromebox
1. Turn off the Chromebox by holding the power button down for 5 seconds. When complete the power light will be off.
2. Connect a USB Keyboard to the front of the Chromebox, and put a paperclip into the recovery button hole.
3. Press down the recovery button with the paperclip while turning on the Chromebox.
Please Note: the image above is for an Asus brand Chromebox. The power button may look slightly different with a different model but will be located on the front or top of the Chromebox.
4. As the screen boots up, a yellow/orange exclamation point will appear. Now, press Ctrl+D on the keyboard.
5. When the below screen appears, press the recovery button with the paperclip again.
6. When the below screen appears, press the spacebar on the keyboard, then press Enter to confirm.
7. The screen below will appear, and the Chromebox will reboot.
8. Once powered on, the Chromebox will display the first setup screen. Press the Tab key on the keyboard to navigate to the "Select a Network" section. After configuring your WiFi connection, select Continue.
Please Note: If you are using a wired LAN connection, there is no need to choose a WIFi network; the Chromebox will connect automatically.
9. Please read the Google OS Terms carefully, and then select Accept and Continue.
10. Once the login screen appears (see below), choose an option to get to the enrollment screen:
- Press Ctrl+Alt+E.
- Click More options - Enterprise enrollment (not available on Chromebook tablets)
11. Once on the Enterprise Enrollment Screen, enter the login credentials for the Wondersign Catalog Kiosk application.
Enterprise Enrollment Login Credentials
12. After successful enterprise enrollment, the below screen will appear. Press Enter to proceed.
13. The Chromebox will automatically install and launch the Wondersign application.
14. The Kiosk’s Attractor Screen will now be displayed, and the Kiosk should be fully operational.
Please Note: If a 6-digit pairing code appears, see How to Activate a Device.