In the Wondersign Catalog Kiosk App, shoppers and sales associates have the ability to share products and entire shopping carts via Text Message (SMS) or Email. Retailers have the option to use Wondersign's default text message provider that comes built-in, or they can utilize a sophisticated, two-way SMS conversation platform.
Kenect is a conversational SMS marketing platform. Retailers that use both Wondersign and Kenect services* can receive text responses from shoppers in their Kenect inbox.
*Certain subscription levels required for Wondersign and Kenect. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your subscription.
- If you are already on one of our current subscription plans, the Kenect integration is included in your plan. If you are on one of our "legacy" plans, please contact your Wondersign Account Executive or email email@example.com to upgrade. If you are unsure, reach out to a Wondersign team member to check your subscription level.
- When upgrading your subscription: Once your current subscription level has been confirmed, the feature will be auto-enabled for your account.
- Sign in to my.catalogkiosk.com using the Google Chrome web browser.
1. Navigate to your Account Settings (top right).
2. In the Settings menu, click SMS Provider Settings. Select Kenect from the Outgoing SMS Provider drop-down.
3. For a single location, click Add New Location.
Please Note: Your texts will continue to send from Wondersign (Default) until step 8 is completed.
5. Configure your device groups as follows:
- A: Group ID: This is the unique ID that needs to be shared with your Kenect Integration Specialist when setting up your account.
- B: Name: This is the custom Name of your location. We recommend using the same location name you have set up in Kenect so you can easily recognize where the SMS responses will be received. For example "Orlando" (using the city and/or store name).
- C: Associated Device Groups: Select the device group(s) that you want to be assigned to the location. Any consumer responses to the text messages sent from these devices will automatically be routed to your associated location inbox in Kenect.
6. If you have more than 1 location (multiple locations), continue to click Add New Location for each. In the example below, there are 2 locations, "Orlando" and "Tampa."
7. Once your location(s) have been configured, please copy the A. Group ID and B. Name for the group(s) then provide these pieces of information to your Kenect Integration Specialist. The Kenect Specialist will then set up the Group IDs with the associated locations in your Kenect account.
Wondersign can help! Just contact our Support Team at 1-855-408-9966 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get this information over to Kenect's integration team.
8. Once your Kenect Integration Specialist confirms that your Group ID(s) have been added to your Kenect account, select the checkbox for Group IDs are set up in Kenect, then click Save Changes.
Your integration is now live and all text messages are now being sent from your Kenect account and SMS responses will automatically create a new conversation in your Kenect Inbox.
Please Note: This workflow respects the business hours in local time that you have set up in your Kenect account. If you would like the integration to run outside of these hours, please configure Auto Responses in your Kenect account or contact your Kenect representative so they can assist.
Kenect Auto Responses
Kenect customers have the ability to set predefined messages (during normal business hours, after hours and holidays) right in their Kenect account.
For example: If someone were to send a text from the kiosk outside of normal business hours and the option for Auto Response "After Hours Message" is enabled, the recipient will receive an auto-reply with the predefined message.
1. In the bottom left of your Kenect account, click the gear icon to open settings, then select Auto Responses.
2. On the Auto Responses page, check the box(es) for the responses you'd like to enable, add your desired verbiage, define your business hours, then click Save changes in the bottom right.
- Business Hours Message: Used for normal business hours
- After Hours Message: Used if message is sent outside of normal business hours
- Disable messages above and send custom messages during all hours: Used during holidays, store closures, etc.
Please contact your Kenect representative if further assistance is needed with Auto Responses.