You can upload a CSV file to add or update item information, product names, custom SKUs, custom sort order, and modify kits & item relationships.
The Wondersign Product Importer allows you to:
- Import or update your own products
- Enhance feed-based products (update custom fields)
- Add or update a custom SKU
- Update product names
- Add or update a custom product sort order
- Add or update image URLs
- Add or update video URLs
- Import custom product relationships
- Import custom product kits
- Sign in to my.catalogkiosk.com using the Google Chrome web browser
1. In the main navigation, go to Content and select Products from the drop-down.
2. Click the green Import Products button.
Please Note: If you don't see this button, you might be on a Legacy plan that doesn't include product import functionality. Please give us a call at 855-408-9966 or send an email to email@example.com.
3. Step 1, Introduction, explains the various import functions and also offers a button to Download an Example CSV File. This file can be used as a template for your own catalog data. Once you are ready to proceed, click Next.
4. Step 2, Import Settings. Use the checkboxes to select if you are importing new products, updating existing products, or both.
- Create new products that don't exist in the database is to import custom products that are not included in the Wondersign-managed vendor feeds.
- Update existing products in the database is for updating existing custom products or making changes to products in the Wondersign-managed vendor feeds.
When updating existing products in your Wondersign platform, check the corresponding box and then select from the three sub-options.
- Skip empty fields: If a field in the Wondersign platform contains data and the same field in the CSV file does not, the importer will not delete the field information in the platform on import - as long as this option is checked. (This is recommended)
- Skip items that originated from a 3rd party data feed: With this option selected, the import process skips items from a managed vendor feed and only updates custom items.
- Enhance only: With this option checked, empty fields on the Wondersign platform will be filled with content from the imported file.
And finally, the import wizard also allows you to keep your catalogs up-to-date by automatically deleting items if they are not part of the CSV file any longer. This is useful when removing discontinued items or temporarily hiding out-of-stock products.
To delete items when they're not present in the CSV file, check the box Delete items.
Click Next to proceed.
5. Step 3, File Upload. Use the Choose File button to upload your CSV file from your computer. If you are using the provided template file or if your CSV has a header row, leave the box CSV Has Header Row checked. Select Next when you're ready to import.
6. Step 4, Column Mapping. The Wondersign platform automatically detects columns if the column header information matches. For all other columns, they have to manually be mapped to the correct column header. A green status indicates that columns are successfully mapped.
To add or update/enhance fields in the Wondersign platform, you can use any or all of the fields available for mapping.
Please Note: that Brand, SKU, Name, and price.cost are required fields.
Here is a list of fields that serve a special purpose:
This can be used to import custom product attributes (characteristics).
- attributes.#.attribute - this value defines the attribute type or name.
- attributes.#.values.# - this value defines the attribute value whether it's a number, text, true/false, etc.
For multiple attributes replace the '#' placeholder with a numeric value to distinguish between different attributes. See the table below for examples.
|attributes.0.attribute (column header)||attributes.0.values.0 (column header)|
Number of Seats
|attributes.1.attribute (column header)||attributes.1.values.0 (column header)|
|Number of Drawers||0|
|attributes.2.attribute (column header)||attributes.2.values.0 (column header)|
- 1: Any characteristic should be imported as an attribute and each has its own attribute value.
- 2: the attributes.#.values.# (VALUE) should always follow to the right of the attributes.#.attribute (ATTRIBUTE NAME) column, as shown above.
- 3: attributes can have multiple values, but each unique value requires its own column.
Imported custom attributes will appear on the Product Details page in the Catalog App Manager (CAM) and as filter options in the Catalog Kiosk App.
Another example of a custom attribute that can be used for your website (using the Wondersign Connector) is showcasing items "On Display" or "In Store Now". Use custom attributes to showcase those products:
|attributes.4.attribute (column header)||attributes.4.values.0 (column header)|
This field can be used to import custom SKUs that should be displayed instead of the manufacturer's SKUs. This is critical for retailers with their own unique SKU systems. And using custom SKU numbers also makes cross-shopping or showrooming much harder.
These fields can be used when importing kitted or bundled items that consist of multiple components. The component SKUs and quantity can be defined by using these fields.
When importing a custom sort order, the rank column needs to contain a numeric value. The number determines the sort order on the kiosk and tablet app, if the Custom Sort Order is selected in the device group settings (Advanced Configuration > Product Sorting).
These fields define which products should be shown as associated items.
- completeYourCollection: This is for up-sell purposes to recommend a matching love seat to a sofa, or a matching nightstand to a bed.
- crossSell: As the name indicates, this is to add items that go well with the main item, such as accessories and decor items.
- series: These fields define items that pertain to the same series/collection as the main item.
Other Mapping Tips
To import and assign products to categories, please refer to this Wondersign Taxonomy Table.
Please Note: Use the full category path including the department level, category level, and product level (e.g. Furniture > Bedroom > Beds) as listed in the taxonomy document* to add products to existing categories. The importer is also case-sensitive.
*Wondersign's Taxonomy and category structure is subject to change at any time. You can manage and modify the category structure for your account, visit the article How to Add Custom Categories.
We support importing images served over http or https endpoints.
- RGB Images only, no CMYK
- Supported formats: JPG, PNG
- Minimum resolution: 1200 px (longer edge)
- Maximum resolution: 100 Mpx (width x height. Eg. 10000 x 10000 px for 1.0 aspect ratio)
- Do not include extra whitespace in rectangular / scene imagery
- URL must return the proper content-length header for the image file, try to avoid redirects
Please note: when using DropBox or importing images via URL it's important to make sure the URL points to the actual image and not the web page (HTML). You can look into these settings in your DropBox configuration.
✅ Do: this is pointing to the actual image. Content-Type = Image
❌ Don't: this is pointing at an HTML webpage. Content-Type = Text
This will cause an error when attempting to import image via URL
Using Feature Bullets in Product Description
Feature bullets can be added to your product description through import using structured HTML.
- Feature 1
- Feature 2
- Feature 3
Your HTML code must include an open and close to the format you're implementing. For the example above: <b> is the opener for "bold" text and </b> is the closer. The text between the open and close code is what will be formatted based on your request.
- <b> = bold
- <ul> = unordered list (bullets)
- <li> = line item
- <ol> = ordered list (numbers)
-   = space
7. Once your mapping is complete, click Finish to proceed.
8. The CSV file will now import in the background. You can use the Wondersign platform without limitations while the import process is underway.
To check on the status, click the Background Tasks icon (check mark) in the main menu and select View Details.
The list of background tasks shows you the nature and status of each task, together with time stamps, the outcome, and a link to View Results.
To download a log file that documents each failed row or field with a reason for the error, click Download log file. This will help when fixing potential data issues.
To fully automate product data import and to move from manual imports to automated (managed) data feeds, please contact us and we're happy to go over the various methods to automate product data feed ingestion.