- USB Keyboard
- A paper clip
Please Note: These tools are used when you must wipe and re-enroll the Chrombox.
1. Access the Chromebox that is connected to the ELO touchscreen. The Chromebox is typically located in the floor stand cage.
2. Make sure the following cables are plugged into the corresponding ports on the back of the Chromebox:
|1. Power||2. Ethernet (if using WiFi, no cable will be attached)||
3. USB or
3. Remove the cable cover located on the back right side of the touch screen monitor to access the touchscreen’s connector panel. Once removed, ensure the USB or USB-C cable from the Chromebox connects to the "Touch USB" port in the back of the touchscreen. Follow the same process for the HDMI cable running from the Chromebox to the touchscreen.
The ports used in the back of the touchscreen are indicated below.
Please Note: The HDMI & Touch USB ports connect to the Chromebox. The AC Power In connects to an electrical outlet.
4. Return to the touchscreen to ensure the kiosk is functioning properly. If not, continue to the next troubleshooting process below.
Wipe and Re-Enroll the Chromebox
1. Turn off the Chromebox by holding the power button down for 5 seconds. The screen will go from white to dark. When complete, the power light on the Chromebox will be off.
2. Connect a USB Keyboard to the front of the Chromebox, and insert a paperclip into the recovery button hole.
3. Gently press down the recovery button with the paperclip and keep the button pressed while turning on the Chromebox.
Please Note: the image above is for an Asus brand Chromebox. The power button may look slightly different with a different model but will be located on the front or top of the Chromebox.
4. As the screen boots up, a yellow/orange exclamation point will appear. Now, press Ctrl+D on the keyboard.
5. When the below screen appears, gently press the recovery button with the paperclip again.
6. When the below screen appears, press the spacebar on the keyboard, then press Enter to confirm.
7. The screen below will appear, and the Chromebox will reboot.
8. Once powered on, the Chromebox will display the first setup screen. Press the Tab key on the keyboard to navigate to the "Select a Network" section. After configuring your WiFi connection, select Continue.
Please Note: If you are using a wired LAN connection, there is no need to choose a WIFi network; the Chromebox will connect automatically.
9. Please read the Google OS Terms carefully, and then select Accept and Continue.
10. Once the login screen appears (see below), choose an option to get to the enrollment screen:
Click More options - Enterprise enrollment (not available on Chromebook tablets)
11. Once on the Enterprise Enrollment Screen, enter the login credentials for the Wondersign Catalog Kiosk application.
Enterprise Enrollment Login Credentials
User Name: email@example.com
12. After successful enterprise enrollment, the below screen will appear. Press Enter to proceed.
13. The Chromebox will automatically install and launch the Wondersign application.
14. The Kiosk’s “Attractor Screen” will now be displayed, and the Kiosk should be fully operational.
If a 6-digit pairing code appears, see How to Activate a Device.