If a yellow/orange exclamation point is displayed on your kiosk together with the message "Chrome OS is missing or damaged", this simply means that the unit has lost its enterprise enrollment and needs to be wiped/reset. This can happen on sudden power loss due to lightning storms or when unplugging the unit without powering it down.
- USB Keyboard
1. Connect the USB Keyboard to the Chromebox.
2. Press Ctrl + D on the keyboard.
3. When the below screen appears, press the recovery button (red circle above) by pushing a paperclip into the Chromebox recovery button hole.
4. When the below screen ("OS verification is OFF") appears, press the spacebar on the keyboard, then press Enter to confirm.
5. The screen below ("OS verification is ON") will appear, and the Chromebox will reboot.
6. Once powered on, the Chromebox will display the first setup screen. Press the Tab key on the keyboard to navigate to the "Select a Network" section. After configuring your WiFi connection, select Continue.
Please Note: If you are using a wired LAN connection, there is no need to choose a WIFi network; the Chromebox will connect automatically.
7. Please read the Google OS Terms carefully, and then select Accept and Continue.
8. Once the login screen appears (see below), depending on the model and type of device, choose from one of these two options to get to the enrollment screen:
Option A: Press Ctrl+Alt+E on your USB keyboard.
Option B: Click More options - Enterprise enrollment (not available on Chromebook tablets)
9. Once on the Enterprise Enrollment Screen, enter the login credentials for the Wondersign Catalog Kiosk application.
Enterprise Enrollment Login Credentials
User Name: firstname.lastname@example.org
10. After successful enrollment, the below screen will appear. Press Enter to proceed.
11. The Chromebox will automatically install and launch the Wondersign application. You can now unplug the USB keyboard.
12. Once the application is launched, the device will download any updates, and resume normal operation. If a 6-digit pairing code appears, go to How to Activate a Device.