- Subscription and Admin access to your WooCommerce account
- Sign in to my.catalogkiosk.com using the Google Chrome web browser
Create API Key
1. Log in to your WordPress account. From your admin console, go to Settings and select General.
Copy the WordPress Address (URL) field (you will need this in a later step).
Please Note: An HTTPS WordPress Address is required.
2. Click the WooCommerce admin console, and select Settings.
Under the Advanced tab click Create an API key.
3. Fill in the following information under Key details:
- Description: This doesn't affect how the Connector will work, it is to help you identify the API key you create.
- User: The selected user must have an Administrator role.
- Permissions: The permissions must be set to Read/Write.
Next, click Generate API Key.
Please Note: Products, categories, attributes, tags, and images created by the Connector will be traced to the API Key user.
IMPORTANT NEXT STEP, PLEASE FOLLOW IMMEDIATELY!
4. An API key is generated. Copy the entire Consumer key and Consumer secret fields.
WooCommerce does not allow you to reaccess and view this information later. Please save your consumer key and consumer secret elsewhere before closing or exiting.
Installing WooCommerce Connector
1. From your Commerce Automation Manager (my.catalogkiosk.com) Dashboard, click your Account (email address) and select Connectors from the menu.
2. Select the WooCommerce tile, and a popup window will display.
3. In the popup window, complete the form with the fields you copied from your WordPress and WooCommerce settings:
- WordPress Address (URL)
- Consumer key
- Consumer Secret
Click the Verify & Continue button.
4. The Connectors Settings page will display. Under Status Alerts add the email address(es) you would like to receive important notifications and alerts about your connector.
Next, click Create a Virtual Device to finish your setup.
5. Complete the required information.
- Name - Name your new virtual device by using the text box (e.g. "Shopify Store" or "My Website"). This is only visible to you and not the consumer.
- Address - Use the textbox to enter the address associated with your online store. (In most cases this is your physical store or warehouse address).
- Timezone - select a timezone for your virtual device.
- Wondersign Connector - Select your newly connected WooCommerce store from the drop-down menu.
- Initialize settings from Device Group - Select the Device Group you would like to use for your virtual device's settings. This will determine what catalog(s)/products are loaded into your online store.
6. When the installation is complete, you will be redirected back to the WooCommerce Connector's page in the Commerce Automation Manager. The Connector will show as set up and running with a green checkmark.
If the setup is successful, your device will begin syncing after 15 minutes. An initial sync may take hours depending on the catalog size.
- How to Configure Your WooCommerce Virtual Device
- Learn how to manage the WordPress Media Library.